Skip to content

Suggestion Box – Home

Here you can view and vote on ideas that are brought forward by other parents and guardians in regards to new features that could be added to the My Family Room system to make it more useful to you. To avoid duplication of ideas, we encourage you to check out (and vote on) other parent’s ideas before you submit your own.

Please maintain a level of courtesy when posting suggestions or comments. We reserve the right to delete any comments that are discourteous or inflammatory in nature.

44 results found

1. Request school Change online

We should be able to put in a request to switch schools online. It is such an inconvenient hassle to get kids switched from one school to another after a move, as principals are often so slow on getting in touch with parents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your suggestion, I've marked it as under review so it can be considered for future features in My Family Room.

The process of moving a student from one School to another does currently require school staff to process the transfer as well as transfer documents between schools, however I do see a benefit to making such a request from the My Family Room platform.

Thank you,

My Family Room Support

2. Web and app versions of MyFamilyRoom should have the same functionality.

The app doesn't have the same options as the web version of MyFamilyRoom - example access to registration etc. Both should have the same functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good morning,

Thank you for your feedback, and suggestion.

You will be happy to know that a new version of the My Family Room apps will soon be released, and they will have the same functionality as the website.

If you have any questions, please contact support via the Contact Us form in the help section of the My Family Room website www.myfamilyroom.ca

Thank you,

My Family Room Support

3. When a refund is issued dont freeze an account. My child is missing hot lunches for the month now!

I was issued a refund because of a system glitch, and now I have to wait 20 days before I can use the account again. The app says to contact the school to get hit lunches paid for in person, but the school refuses to do so. Unacceptable. We should have the option to reload to our account right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion!  When a cash-out is requested and being processed we cannot currently allow funds to be added or used on the account.  This may be something that is remedied in future versions of My Family Room and this suggestion is being taken under review.

Thank you.

4. There are absences here that are not absences and it would be great to be able to note that

There are absences here that are not absences and it would be great to be able to note that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, currently attendance corrections need to be made and approved by the school office staff, I recommend contacting them to address the attendance issues.

Your suggestion to be able to note attendance discrepancies has been noted and considered for future updates.

Thank you!

5. When a kid is marked as away and the system asks for a reason, it should also include an option for "late". She wasn't away, only late.

My daughter was marked as away because her teacher forgot to change her attendance when she arrived late. when I was notified that she had missed a class, it wasn't accurate. There should be an option to change the absence to late.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop counting kids in the dual credit program as absent when they are attending the class at the college

My daughter is in the dual credit program and every time that she has had the class at the college, they mark her as absent. Then when the missed class email gets sent and I use "my family room" to try and have the issue fixed there's no option on the drop down to clarify that she was in fact in attendance at the college. Another option in the drop down for the dual credit program would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow the Parents to modify or delete a scheduled late note or Absence.

Allow Parents to modify or delete a scheduled late note or Absence that they posted. In case Appointment gets canceled and child no longer needs to be late or absent. Since School said they cannot do it and unable to do that myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Wait list information

Please include information about waitlists (like how long you will be waiting, or if your child is on a wait list) for High School students. My daughter is on a wait list to start grade 10. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For students that choose the odd day to learn online there should be a submission for this so they are not marked absent in the system

My daughter is doing IN CLASS learning. on occasion, she asks to stay home and go online (live) with the class. I suggest having a tab for this so she is not marked absent on My Family Room.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback. We agree and are working on a solution so that in class learners can be marked present when they are choosing to join the class online.

Administrator

10. Have a parent section to show report cards, as well as teachers comments.

Have a parent section to show report cards, as well as teachers comments. It would be great to have something like google classroom where the parents can speak with teachers and get to see the progress of the students workload and assignments. Just getting a grade mark doesn't represent the efforts or focus of the student understanding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We have included report cards to our future software changes so you will see this in upcoming updates.

The UCDSB uses Microsoft Teams, ClassNotebook as well as Brightspace for online learning and to communicate with students and families. Each teacher can decide which product works best for their classroom. You may wish to discuss this with your
    child’s teacher or the school principal.

11. Parents to be able to leave HOMEROOM TEACHERS messages.

Instead of having 'Parent-Teacher' meetings, we should be able to have a place to leave comments for the teachers or vice versa!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Absence Notification - email alert when school responds / accepts

Today I submitted an absence notification for our daughter who I will be picking up from school early. I received an email notification that the submission was sent to the school. Upon speaking with the School Administrator, she mentioned that she replied to the email notification that the school received ... yet I didn't get an email for this acknowledgement.
    I would like to suggest that IF the school replies to the absence notification (not all situations would merit a reply), that an email be sent to the parent with their reply / acknowledgement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Post my child’s marks

I would like the marks to be shown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Online report cards

Put all your child's report cards under their account for future reference. With space for comments by parents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Online registration and resources

Would like to see a "one-stop-shop" for online registration, resources, and curriculum. Registration from, curriculum guidline, weekly schedule for both online and home study, home study packages (and answer key),

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. RELEASED CLASSES

if a senior student that takes on line courses at home and only has one in school class and the teacher has a "release" I understand the student is still suppose to go for "attendance" but what sense does it make for a student to get transportation to the school for the "attendance check in only" if they know they have a release. Then it shows as absent on their record??? but if they drove there and checked in there was no class to attend regardless? could there be a tab to check off for class release and then if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Excessive Paper Coming Home

With 3 kids in the same school. We have a lot of paper notices coming home. These should all be emailed out. Even permission slips and such can be done like this. This would save paper, ink and teacher time putting each one into the kids agenda books.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Check box - to delete more than one notification at a time.

Can you make a check box to delete more than one notification at a time, you click on one and wait....then click on another and wait....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple children, same function

I have 4 children, can you make it be possible to click on more than one child at a time to preform the same action, rather than the same action 4 times in a row?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.

To better understand your needs, please submit a ticket to the My Family Room support team by visiting https://askuc.ucdsb.ca/MyFamilyRoom/ . Scroll to the bottom of the Help page, and click on the Contact Us link to submit your ticket. A member of our support team will be able to contact your directly.

We are committed to ensuring you have a successful experience using the My Family Room service.

- My Family Room Team

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base