Skip to content

Suggestion Box – Home

Here you can view and vote on ideas that are brought forward by other parents and guardians in regards to new features that could be added to the My Family Room system to make it more useful to you. To avoid duplication of ideas, we encourage you to check out (and vote on) other parent’s ideas before you submit your own.

Please maintain a level of courtesy when posting suggestions or comments. We reserve the right to delete any comments that are discourteous or inflammatory in nature.

64 results found

1. actually use our preferences when notifying us about bus cancellations

I do not understand why after years of getting text messages for bus cancellations I am not getting phone calls

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback!

Please note that we are aware of excessive notifications due to a technical issue.

The issue has since been resolved, and normal operation of 1 notification per student per selected contact preference should resume.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

3. Notification preference

Currently I have my notifications set to SMS and email. I just received 4 phone calls on both my cell phone and land line about the bus cancellation. This also happened for the survey that was sent our before Christmas. Please fix this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that we are aware of excessive notifications due to a technical issue.

The issue has since been resolved, and normal operation of 1 notification per student per selected contact preference should resume.

4. Stop using the "Urgent" Notification type for board-wide bus cancellations

"Urgent" notifications should only be for Urgent issues that are not covered by the other contact preference types. There is specifically a "Bus Cancellation" type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The software is not responsive at all!!!!

Improve access so the software is responsive!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

My Family Room is hosted on a world leader in hosting solutions.

Latency/responsiveness is related to a number of different reasons.  We do apologize for any access issues you may have had, when these issues arise we do our best to resolve them as quick as possible.

Please use the Help/Contact Us section on myfamilyroom.ca to submit a request if your access issues continue.

Thank you!

6. an itemized log of your purchases

Please make a feature where you can go bak and see what you signed up for on which days. For example: hot lunches - it would be helpful to be able to go back and see what days you signed up for. With multiple hot lunch days and multiple kids, sometimes, its necessary to go and see what which days you have hot lunches. If this feature already exists, its not obvious.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This feature is currently available, but it depends on how the event is setup by the school, you can only see the options you chose when the event is listed under the accepted tab, the event moves from the accepted tab to the unavailable tab after the set "End Date" of the event.  The Events are often set by the office staff to start and end on the first day of the event, if instead they set the start and end date to the end of the month, the event would stay in the accepted tab until the end of the month and you could see the options you chose up to the set "End Date"  

Please use the Help/Contact Us section of myfamilyroom.ca to submit a request and let us know which school is creating the event, we can contact them to update their practices.

Thank you!

7. Absences

Have other as an option and allow parents to send in note. My son and I were told he was not registered in any classes so did not attend school until sorted out..he should not be marked absence for those days and we were misinformed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Not user friendly....

It takes several minutes to find out where to put that your kid is missing school.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Send email to alternate email as well so both parents have access.

Send all correspondence to the alternate email as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.  Alternate email address is already included in any selected "Email" contact preferences.

Please review your contact preferences to ensure you have email selected.

For any assistance, use the Help/Contact Us section of the My Family Room website.

Thank you.

11. I suggest you should have come up with away of accepting cash payments long ago when you start advertising that gown payments are required .

I paid 80.00 so far and it either got spent or I’m told lost l they can both go with out l will not be paying the third time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not sure why my family room has no information AT ALL! Not even my child's attendance, bus information, messages ANYTHING!

Not sure why my family room has no information AT ALL! Not even my child's attendance, bus information, messages ANYTHING!
    What's the point of the site?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with My Family Room.  It sounds like you haven't linked your child to your account.  This is an option in the app and will contact the school.  If you continue to have issues, please go to https://askuc.ucdsb.ca/myfamilyroom/ and click the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page.  We'll do our best to resolve the issue.

13. Removed from system

I no long have children within this school board as we moved out of province. I want to be able to disable all notifications and they are not relevant to me. Such as bus cancellations. I’ve requested that these stop but I keep getting them. I want to disable my whole account so these stop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give parents more than 48 hours to register for an event

Allow at least 2 weeks to register for pizza days
    / events at school. I got an email on Monday, and by the time I went to register, it was already closed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. School events are set up and scheduled by each school and may differ from one school to the other. If you have questions about you school’s events, please contact your child’s office administrator or principal.

15. Donating to Special Events

It would be awesome to be able to donate to special events at your child’s school (like Terry Fox Run) via My Family Room.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. My Family Room has an option for Online Payments which schools can choose to use. If you have a My Family Room account, you may want to talk to your school principal about Online Payments.

16. Post all emails to my family room please

I would like to see all emails pertaining to the current year, that were sent to host families and parents posted here as none were provided to me for the start of the year.

There are things I should be doing in relation to Covid and I have no Idea what or how.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. If you are a My Family Room subscriber, you may want to check your Notification settings to ensure that you are subscribed to all the email options. You may also want to check your SPAM folder to ensure that messages aren’t going there.

If you continue to miss emails, use the Help link in My Family Room to report your issue and we will be happy to assist.

17. Student was not absent, student was less than 10 minutes late and was marked absent for the class.

Student was marked absent, but just missed attendance as they were 10 minutes late. Teacher did not confirm student was in attendance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Message column

Wondering what happens to loaded $ for lunches when Children will not be ordering online anymore

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Edit primary e-mail address

In case someone's e-mail account gets hacked, it would be great if the primary e-mail address in My Family Room could be edited.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. The My Family Room accounts are built based on the email used during registration. For that reason our Information Technology Services department must manually make changes to email addresses to ensure that the account stays in tact. If you would like to change your My Family Room email address, please contact your school’s office and they will gather the information needed to change the address.

20. Can "Self-isolation" or "awaiting COVID results" be an absence reason? I have been marking my child ill which is inaccurate.

Can "Self-isolation" or "awaiting COVID results" be an absence reason? I have been marking my child ill which is inaccurate. My child has been home two different occasions for multiple days, self-isolating as a sibling has presented with a possible COVID symptom. Siblings cannot return to school until a negative test is confirmed, which is now taking close to a week with the backlog

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update to this request.

Due to the confidential nature of COVID related cases, we cannot provide absence codes related to COVID as we are not to be able to identify individual students with COVID or who are self-isolating. This is a privacy / confidentiality requirement.

If your child is off due to self-isolation or waiting for COVID results , or has tested positive, please contact your school directly/immediately.

Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base